SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/15/11 -- Next Communications, a Miami-based voice and video provider, announced today that it has deployed Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) technology for its Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) solution to provide a strong foundation for meeting present and future consumer and business services requirements.
Next Communications' enhanced network supports the scale and performance necessary for advanced video-based services, including wholesale, high-definition video and audio-only collaboration services on wired and wireless networks. The company's objective is to exceed four billion billable minutes in 2012 without adding operational expenses. Integral to this will be the deployment of the Cisco ASR 9000 and 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers for 100GE port capacity and greater resiliency.
- Performance and flexible services are important to a wide range of residential and business customers. Next Communications and its subsidiary, NxtGn, conducted a search for carrier-class routers that could meet stringent cost and performance requirements amid rigorous tests across a variety of voice and video applications. As a result, Next Communications selected the Cisco ASR 9000 and ASR 1000, which best support evolving customer needs and are prepared for the transition to IPv6.
- Consumers will benefit from advanced new services and lower-cost video calls. For business customers, these solutions are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information. The new video services from Next Communications will be available starting this month to residential and business customers.
- Cisco nV (network virtualization) technology, a key part of this solution, intelligently blends the network edge, aggregation and access layers into a single Cisco ASR 9000 system for the next-generation Internet to simplify operation, increase network capacity and accelerate IPv6 services. Enabled by Cisco nV technology, the Cisco ASR 9000 system offers up to 96 Tbps per system, along with rich-service capabilities, while maintaining a reduced carbon footprint. It utilizes the modular Cisco IOS® XR software operating system, simplifying network operations while enabling comprehensive system redundancy and network resiliency.
- Key to Next Communications' success has been the company's network design and software produced by NxtGn technology. This platform enables Next Communications to provision new customers or carriers in less than one hour at a significantly lower cost than alternative solutions. The NxtGn communications platform allows Next to support all of its traffic in a compact, single-rack footprint, and without the need for a voice switch. Automated central network management with 24-hour traffic and network monitoring allows Next Communications to grow traffic with minimal incremental costs. The Cisco ASR 1000 provides Session Border Controller capability to the NxtGn platform.
- According to Cisco's Visual Networking Index (VNI) Forecast (2010-2015), the number of devices connected to the Internet is driving growth in global IP traffic forecast to reach nearly a zettabyte by 2015, traversing more than 15 billion devices, compelling network operators to seize growth opportunities while monetizing new services.
- Arik Meimoun, CEO, Next Communications
"Cisco technology provided us with the capacity we need combined with an exceptional performance. But the real win for us is the value point; very few can compete with our prices, and this solution extends that advantage as we significantly scale capacity while keeping our costs extremely low."
- Sri Hosakote, vice president and general manager, Edge and Aggregation Routing Business Unit, Cisco
"We are pleased that Next Communications has selected the Cisco ASR 9000 as a key foundational element of its next-generation network. Next Communications will now be able to deliver converged voice, video, and collaboration services across its advanced network, which will help further its growth in both mature and emerging markets."
- Next Communications
- Cisco Systems
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series
- Cisco Carrier-Grade IPv6 Solution
- Cisco Carrier Ethernet Solutions
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Test Drive
- Cisco Visual Networking Index Forecast Web Site
- Read: Cisco SP360 Blog
- Follow the Cisco SP360 team on Twitter and Cisco SP360 on Facebook
Cisco, ASR 9000, ASR 1000, Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network, IP NGN, Edge, Carrier Ethernet, VNI, Visual Networking Index, Next Communications, NxtGn, CGv6
About Next Communications
Next Communications is one of the top five leaders for in-bound voice traffic to Mexico, and the company's best-in-class IP network is capable of delivering high-quality long-distance voice and video services in Europe, Africa, and the Americas. Headquartered in Miami, FL Next Communications technology subsidiary NxtGn has developed and engineered a platform supporting routing, monitoring, and billing software and a unique switchless connectivity solution that make Next one of the most efficient and technologically advanced international telecommunications companies in the world. Our superior technology assures our partners the ability to deliver services to any end customer anywhere in the world with the most compelling voice and video communications solutions available in the marketplace. Next Communications is privately held and has grown continuously since 1998 without a single unprofitable quarter. For more information go to www.nextcommunications.com. For more information on network solutions created by Next Communications subsidiary NxtGn, go to www.nxtgn.net.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, the Cisco logo and Cisco Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1832795
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here