NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/20/11 -- Marlin & Associates ("Marlin"), the boutique investment banking firm specializing in acquisitions and divestitures of U.S. and international information technology firms, today announced that The M&A Advisor has honored two transactions on which Marlin advised as part of The M&A Advisor's Special "Deals of the Decade" Celebration.
Marlin & Associates was honored at the 10th Annual M&A Advisor Summit Awards Celebration, which was held at The Museum of American Finance on Monday, December 12th in New York City. Selected from ten years of M&A Advisor Award Winning Deal-of-The-Year nominations, Marlin was honored for its role as the exclusive financial and strategic advisor to:
- NYSE Euronext, which Marlin advised on the sale of Hugin Group (Oslo, Norway and Paris, France) to Thomson Reuters. This transaction originally won The M&A Advisor's Deal-of-the-Year Award in 2010; and
- Triple Point Technology, Inc. (Stamford, CT), which Marlin advised on its recapitalization by ABRY partners. This transaction originally won The M&A Advisor's Financing Deal-of-the-Year Award in 2007.
Both transactions were featured as the M&A Advisor celebrated the best-of-the-best from their ten-year history recognizing the leading transactions.
"It is an honor to be recognized a second time for these two significant transactions," said Ken Marlin, Founder and Managing Partner of Marlin & Associates. "In August 2006, we advised Triple Point on its recapitalization by ABRY Partners, and just this year, Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe asked us to advise them on their acquisition of majority control of Triple Point from ABRY and Management. In this same vein, we also worked with Hugin twice."
"In December 2006, we advised Hugin on its sale to Euronext, in a transaction that took place as NYSE and Euronext were merging. Then, last year, NYSE asked us to advise them on the divestiture of Hugin."
"We like it when we are able to work successfully with former clients. We believe that it proves that our blend of operational and financial experience, combined with our broad international reach and track record of success, puts us in a formidable position to advise a wide range of middle-market technology-enabled firms," Marlin added.
Each year, The M&A Advisor, a conference producer and newsletter publisher serving the middle market finance industry, recognizes top deal-making professionals serving the $10 million - $1 billion (sales) market in fields such as investment banking, private equity, legal services, and accounting. The awards are made on the basis of creativity, resourcefulness, persistence, business savvy, and value-added. The finalists are judged by an independent body of experts, who represent a cross-section of the middle market financing industry.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active investment banking and strategic advisory firms providing strategic and financial advice to worldwide buyers and sellers of middle-market technology firms. The firm is headquartered in New York, NY and has additional offices in Washington, DC; Toronto, Canada; and Hong Kong.
Marlin & Associates' team of professionals have advised on more than 200 transactions in over a dozen countries involving companies that provide information and technology to a wide range of communities including those that serve the banking, capital markets, insurance, marketing and healthcare arenas.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates Holding LLC is a boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm specializing in acquisitions and divestitures of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide technology, digital information and healthcare-related products, technology and services. The firm is headquartered in New York, NY and has additional offices in Washington, DC; Toronto, Canada; and Hong Kong. Further information can be read at www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC. Marlin & Associates' professionals have advised on more than 200 successfully completed transactions. Some other recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe of New York, NY, which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a majority interest in Triple Point Technology;
- Atrium Network of London, United Kingdom, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TMX Group (TSX: X);
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, NY, which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Metabit;
- Subserveo, Inc. of Vancouver, Canada, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST);
- Photolibrary Group of Sydney, Australia, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Getty Images, Inc.;
- NaviNet, Inc. of Cambridge, Massachusetts, which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Prematics;
- Qatarlyst of Doha, Qatar, which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of London-based RI3K;
- SMARTS Group of Sydney, Australia, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ);
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) of Brussels, Belgium, which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Ambit Messaging Hub from SunGard;
- Avox of Wexford Wales, UK, a majority-owned company of Deutsche Börse (ETR: DB1), which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC);
- Strategic Analytics of Santa Fe, New Mexico, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK); and
- Logical Information Machines, Inc. (LIM) of Chicago, Illinois, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN).
+1 (212) 257-6300
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here