BOSTON, Dec. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small and medium sized businesses, today unveiled the latest version of Carbonite Business, the online backup service designed specifically for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs). The latest release of Carbonite Business delivers expanded file restore capabilities and a new user interface (UI) to ensure SMB customers faced with the need to recover their data files have an even-more-seamless and easier-to-manage process.
The newly-enhanced features in Carbonite Business are designed to enable small business users to:
- Restore files easily: With Restore Search, users gain added flexibility to select multiple individual files and folders, and then view them on a local machine from one screen. The new, streamlined process allows users to select the critical files they want to restore quickly and to get updates on how the process is progressing along the way.
- Prioritize which files they want to restore first in the event of a large data loss: Priority Restore allows a user to decide the order for files to be restored, which is especially important since not all files are of equal importance to running a business. With Priority Restore, a user can be walked through a streamlined flow to ensure key files needed immediately to get their business back up and running are restored first.
- Instantly access support information at their fingertips: Users will now have quick access to support information from the Carbonite knowledge base within the client application, making answers to the most-common questions immediately available.
"A recent survey of U.S. small businesses indicates that over 40% have lost data due to hardware failure or accidental deletion and that one-third of these businesses never retrieved their files," said Peter Lamson, senior vice president and general manager of small business for Carbonite. "We designed Carbonite Business with the needs of the small business user in mind. Carbonite's new restore features and user interface now make it easier than ever for a small business that has experienced data loss to get back up and running."
Carbonite Business and Carbonite Business Premier offer SMBs an easy-to-use, affordable solution to safeguard their valuable business data and files by automatically, securely backing them up. Carbonite saves time and money, provides extra protection for a business' files, and makes getting those files back quick and easy. The new features add to the list of features Carbonite offers to meet the distinct needs of small businesses, including:
- External hard drive backup: Business users can add files and folders saved on an external drive to their online backup.
- Web-based administrative dashboard: This simple dashboard can be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet and lets the manager check the backup status for multiple computers, invite new users, monitor the company's backup storage level and purchase additional storage, if needed.
- Windows Server backup: With Carbonite Business Premier, users can also back up servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2011.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access: Carbonite Business users can access their backed up files from any Web browser or from a smartphone or tablet.
Pricing and Availability
Carbonite Business online backup offers reliable, affordable options that allow small businesses to focus their attention on what matters most - running the business. Carbonite Business backs up an unlimited number of computers for a predictable, flat fee with 250GB of storage included. Carbonite Business Premier backs up an unlimited number of computers and servers with 500GB of storage included. Businesses can easily add supplemental storage packs should their storage needs surpass the GBs provided with their selected service. Current users will be automatically upgraded to version 5.0.
*Carbonite Small Business Back Up Study, December 2010About Carbonite
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small and medium sized businesses. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable, unlimited and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 100 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 200 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com, twitter.com/carbonite, twitter.com/carbonitebiz, or facebook.com/CarboniteOnlineBackup.
Airfoil PR for Carbonite
SOURCE Carbonite, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here