Company executives, scientists and government officials will bring a global perspective as featured presenters at BIO’s 9th annual World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing. The world’s largest industrial biotechnology conference for business leaders, investors, academics and policymakers in biofuels, biobased products, renewable chemicals, synthetic biology, food ingredients and biomass comes to Orlando, April 29 - May 2 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center.
The plenary program will include six panel sessions:
- Fostering a Biobased Economy
- A Global Vision for Biomass Utilization: How Biotech Can Get Us There
- The Future of Biocatalysis in Global Manufacturing
- Promoting Biotech Innovation
- Financing Innovation in the Industrial Biotech Space: Creative Models and Future Trends
- What’s Driving Demand for Biotech Products?: A Customer’s Perspective
Featured plenary speakers include:
- H. Thomas Watkins, President and Chief Executive Officer, Human Genome Sciences, Chairman of the Board, BIO
- James Greenwood, President and CEO of BIO
- Noubar Afeyan, Managing Partner and CEO, Flagship Ventures
- Sarah Bittleman, Advisor to the Secretary, United States Department of Agriculture
- Alan Shaw, CEO, Alan Shaw Consulting
- Steen Riisgaard, President and Chief Executive Officer, Novozymes
- Melody Bomgardner, Senior Business Editor, Chemical & Engineering News
- Tom Erickson, Co-President and Director, First Green Partners
- Jim Goddard, Director, Nike
- Yvon Le Hanaff, General Director, ARD and BRI
- George Surgeoner, President, Ontario Agri-Food Technologies
- Dato’ Iskandar Mizal Mahmood, Chief Executive Officer, Malaysia BiotechCorp.
- Mark Reidy, Member, Energy and Clean Technology Practice Group, Mintz Levin
- Jean-Francois Rous, President, PIVERT
- Gregory Wenndt, Vice President, Tate and Lyle
- Wes Bolsen, Chief Marketing Officer, Codexis
- David Bransby, Professor, Department of Agronomy and Solis, Auburn University
Brent Erickson, executive vice president of BIO’s Industrial & Environmental Section, said, “We are excited to offer this information-packed plenary program at the 2012 World Congress where speakers will highlight how industrial biotechnology leads to innovation and new jobs while helping to build a biobased economy. The high profile topics covered will provide company executives an unparalleled opportunity to network with their colleagues and learn about the latest developments in the field of industrial biotechnology and bioprocessing.”
BIO’s World Congress will also feature six breakout session tracks over three days, with industry presentations on Advanced Biofuel Technologies; Algae and Feedstock Crops; Renewable Chemical Platforms and Biobased Materials; Specialty Chemicals; Synthetic Biology and Metabolic Engineering; and Technical Presentations. The full program of breakout panel sessions and speakers is available online.
Online pre-registration for reporters and editors is now open. All programs at the BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing are open to attendance by members of the media. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters with valid press credentials working full time for print, broadcast or web publications.
The world’s largest industrial biotechnology conference for business leaders, investors, academics and policymakers in biofuels, biobased products, renewable chemicals, synthetic biology, food ingredients and biomass comes to Orlando, Fla., April 29 - May 2 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center. Online registration for the conference is open. Please visit http://www.bio.org/worldcongress/ for additional information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world. BIO produces BIOtech NOW, an online portal and monthly newsletter chronicling “innovations transforming our world.” Subscribe to BIOtech NOW.
Upcoming BIO Events
IP Counsels Committee Conference
April 16 – 18, 2012
Congress on Industrial Biotechnology & Bioprocessing
April 29-May 2, 2012
BIO International Convention
June 18-21, 2012
June 18 – 21, 2012
Colleen Lerro, 202-470-5207
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here