Online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty shares the top 10 beauty myths from an article published on She Knows.
According to the article published on October 31st titled "The Truth behind Beauty Myths," many beauty tips and tricks that have been passed down for generations are in fact false.
The article shares the top 10 beauty myths:
- Plucking greys cause more to appear: This is false - only one hair can grow in each hair follicle.
- A Sharpie can be used as eyeliner: While you can technically use this marker as eyeliner, the chemicals in it can harm delicate eye tissue.
- Vaseline can prevent wrinkles: Vaseline is good for hydrating skin, but it does not prevent wrinkles. "Typically, women put Vaseline on at night since it is very thick," says Sara Greenstone, a representative for online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty. "If you are looking for the same hydration during the day, try using argan oil. It is a lightweight oil that moisturizes and can give your skin a dewy look."
- You can develop varicose veins from crossing your legs: While this action can cause stress and pressure build-up in your blood vessels, it cannot enlarge them.
- Wearing makeup every day can cause breakouts: Aesthetician Adriana Martino was quoted in the article. She says, "Makeup isn't usually the culprit of breakouts but rather the unwashed makeup brush and/or sponge that has makeup build-up and residue."
- Washing your face is the best way to remove dirt: Frequent washings can potentially strip away the natural PH balance of your skin. Cleanse a few times a day rather than washing it.
- Brush hair 100 times a day to make it shiny: Excessive brushing can actually damage hair and cause breakage. "If you're looking for shiny hair, try argan oil," says Greenstone. "Just a small amount can give your hair a soft and shiny feel without leaving it feeling greasy."
- Hair can build a tolerance to shampoo: No evidence has been found to substantiate this claim. Celebrity hair and makeup artist Julia Papworth was quoted in the article and says, "If you still have the desire to mix up your beauty routine, try purifying shampoo once a week to deep cleanse your hair -- it is a great way to get rid of any dirt and product build-up."
- Plumping mascara makes it easier to apply: This is a myth you want to avoid. Plumping mascara can actually dry it out quicker since you are pumping air into the container.
- Lip balm dries out lips: Certain ingredients, like camphor and menthol, can dry out lips. However, other formulas help moisturize your lips.
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They're available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11294510.htm
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here