SOMERVILLE, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/14/10 -- TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) today announced the general availability of TIBCO Silver Spotfire -- a fully functional on-demand offering designed to enable anyone to create, publish and share custom dashboards or reports for business analytics and business intelligence (BI) in the cloud.
TIBCO is the first provider to truly make good on making BI and analytics available to anyone. Unlike other BI offerings, TIBCO Silver Spotfire enables visual analytics and remarkably interactive dashboards to be created and published to the cloud in minutes without requiring time consuming setup or infrastructure.
- The TIBCO Silver Spotfire offering is available at no charge for one-year and provides an authoring client, expansive web-based sharing and hosting for the user's favorite personal or business Spotfire application. Monthly hosting options are available for ongoing usage after the introductory year.
- TIBCO Silver Spotfire is accessible for immediate use from http://goto.spotfire.com/silverspotfire/.
- The ease-of-use of the service, which builds on TIBCO's previously announced TIBCO Silver initiative (http://www.tibco.com/company/news/releases/2009/press967.jsp), will help expand TIBCO's footprint into the small and medium business and consumer market for dashboards and analytic apps. Unlike competitive products, the TIBCO Silver Spotfire and the TIBCO Silver cloud application delivery platform are fast, simple and easy to use. TIBCO Silver Spotfire streamlines the process of delivering cloud-based analytic apps and dashboards in a matter of minutes -- not months -- by deploying what you need, when you need it to improve the way work gets done.
- TIBCO Silver Spotfire is more than traditional BI in a SaaS offering; it is essentially a "social BI" offering that enables business teams to easily build and share reports, dashboards, charts, and other visualization and calculations in order to grow a corporate analytics knowledge base. TIBCO Silver Spotfire can be integrated with social media, allowing users to embed live dashboards into their business blogs and online articles, thereby distributing their analytic knowledge base more broadly than is possible with traditional BI tools.
- TIBCO partners and service providers also benefit from this program by easily showcasing and exchanging their solutions and application templates with customers, prospects and members of the community.
- "This news builds on our cloud strategy of streamlining from months to minutes the time needed to build and deploy applications. TIBCO Silver Spotfire puts analytics, BI and rich disposable apps within anyone's reach in minutes -- rather than the months it took previously if IT was willing to deploy it. This means users can easily interact with our technology just where it is needed."
-- Vivek Ranadivé, Chairman and CEO, TIBCO Software Inc.
- "We have now made it possible for anyone to analyze information and uncover compelling new insights from any data -- whether for assignments at work, such as sales and marketing reviews, budgeting and planning or project management, as well as projects at home, such as reviewing personal stock portfolios or analyzing fantasy sports teams. For this reason, TIBCO is making our new offering a quick and simple program, unlocking dashboards, analytics, and BI for anyone."
-- Rock Gnatovich, Spotfire Chief Operating Officer, TIBCO Software Inc.
- "Spotfire offers the only analytic platform that's intuitive, yet powerful enough to guide any user type -- from beginner to expert. With this new cloud-based offering, Spotfire is further empowering everyday users to get the on-demand information they need, rather than relying on IT to deliver pre-configured reports, common to many BI tools."
-- Bill Carney, Vice President of Marketing, Veracode, Inc.
Access TIBCO Silver Spotfire: http://goto.spotfire.com/silverspotfire/
Details on TIBCO Silver Spotfire: http://spotfire.tibco.com/silverspotfire/
Examples of popular dashboards: http://spotfire.tibco.com/demo/
TIBCO Spotfire, a product group of TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX), is a leading provider of enterprise analytics software for next generation business intelligence. TIBCO Spotfire products offer a visual and interactive experience that helps professionals quickly discover new and actionable insights in information. Distinguished by its speed to insight and adaptability to specific business challenges, Spotfire rapidly reveals unseen threats and new opportunities, creating significant economic value. Spotfire customers include industry leaders among the Global 2000 that have deployed Spotfire analytics to gain an information advantage over their competitors. For more information, visit http://spotfire.tibco.com.
TIBCO, TIBCO Software, TIBCO Silver, TIBCO Spotfire, and Spotfire are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1306536
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here