Polaris Wireless, the global leader in high-accuracy, software-based wireless location solutions, today announced it achieved a significant, record increase in revenue and profitability in 2012, where revenue grew 79 percent year-over-year, and profitability (as measured by EBITDA) increased six-fold. These results reflect sustained returns on new sales bookings starting in 2011, and are driven by aggressive growth for Polaris Wireless location solutions across the globe. Twenty-four U.S. wireless carriers, six managed services partners, and fifteen international deployments now rely on Polaris Wireless location solutions to enable emergency call applications, lawful and mass location surveillance, and other location-based services.
"In 2012 Polaris Wireless continued its upward trajectory as it solidified its position as the foremost provider of high-accuracy wireless location solutions for mission critical applications," said Manlio Allegra, president, CEO and co-founder of Polaris Wireless. "We have been recognized by law enforcement and other government agencies, as well as by business media and industry analysts, as the leader in our field, a role we intend to continue to occupy in 2013 and beyond."
Polaris Wireless achieved several significant milestones in 2012, including:
- Won several significant customer contracts for multi-million dollar deployments of the Polaris Wireless Altus and OmniLocate location surveillance product suite, including a contract in the Europe-Middle East-Africa (EMEA) region, which is the company’s 38th global deployment.
- Expansion of strategic business in the Asia-Pacific region centered on India, where Polaris Wireless announced it is the first company to comply, through live trials, with India’s Department Of Telecom (DoT) mandate for wireless location accuracy on both 2G and 3G networks.
- Introduction of Altus Mobile, the industry’s first mobile location surveillance application, providing real-time location of targets/suspects and blue forces to field agents on their mobile devices.
- Recognition for its explosive business growth by being named to the sixth annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies.
- Participation as the only network-based location vendor in a groundbreaking indoor location technology market trial organized by the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) advisory committee, the Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council (CSRIC).
“We look forward to announcing additional business expansion and several exciting new business partnerships in the coming year,” added Allegra. “The search for a high-accuracy location solution in 2013 will stop with Polaris Wireless.”
About Polaris Wireless
Headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., Polaris Wireless is the global leader in providing high- accuracy, software-based wireless location solutions to wireless operators, law enforcement/
government agencies and location-based application companies. Since 2003, Polaris Wireless has successfully completed 39 global deployments – 15 for lawful location surveillance and LBS in Asia and EMEA, and 24 to meet FCC E911 Phase II requirements in the US. The company has offices in Dubai, U.A.E., Bangalore, India, Tokyo, Japan, and Santiago, Chile.
Polaris Wireless is the recipient of the prestigious Frost & Sullivan “2011 Enabling Technology of the
Year” award and was named to the 2012 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies, recognizing the company’s accomplishments and leadership in developing location solutions. The company participates in location committees and other groups within the 3GPP and OMA standards setting bodies, and also participates in regulatory and industry bodies related to E911, lawful location surveillance, and location-based services. Polaris Wireless is located at 301 North Whisman Road, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA. For more information about Polaris Wireless, please visit http://www.polariswireless.com.
Becky Obbema, +1 408-778-2024
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here