SAN JOSE, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) will demonstrate 400G optical and wired OTN applications based on its 7 series All Programmable FPGAs and recently announced portfolio of SmartCORE™ IP. These demonstrations highlight Xilinx's commitment to address the growing ASIC and ASSP gaps for wired networks, enabling customers to design and deliver smarter and more efficient communications systems for next-generation smarter networks. Visit Xilinx at OFC 2013 in Anaheim, Calif. from March 19-21, at the Anaheim Convention Center, Booth #1426.
Xilinx Booth demonstrations
4x 100G OTN Transponder on a Virtex®-7 FPGA
- This demonstration showcases the world's first 400G capacity OTN single-chip solution and features 13.1 Gbps (GTH) transceivers that provide robust performance at line rates that exceed ASSP and competitive offerings. This compact, cost-effective OTN solution incorporates fully-featured 4x 100G Transponder OTN SmartCORE IP, enabling customers to build smarter solutions that address their market needs for 100G and 400G+ line cards.
400G OTN Test Development Platform
- This platform features a highly-integrated, single Virtex-7 FPGA capable of prototyping OTN Muxponder, Transponder and switching solutions that scale from 10 Gbps to 400 Gbps. The advance prototyping capability combined with availability of optimized IP cores minimizes development risk and reduces time-to-market.
XFEC: The Xilinx® Proprietary 100G Super FEC Solution Demonstration
- This demonstration showcases the Xilinx 100G XFEC (High Gain Xilinx Forward Error Correction) capabilities on a video stream with the programmable noise level controlled through a GUI. With a coding gain in excess of 9.35 dB and a latency of 11uS the 100G XFEC enables longer reach, lower cost optical links for smarter, bandwidth efficient networks to be realized.
Xilinx Interoperability Demonstrations
Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) Booth #2769
- Xilinx will demonstrate interoperability between its 28 Gbps (GTZ) transceiver and a Fujitsu CFP2 optical module running at 25.78 Gbps. Leveraging the OIF-CEI-28G-VSR implementation agreement, this demonstration illustrates real-world integration of 100G networking systems.
Oclaro Booth #2701
- Xilinx will demonstrate its 28 Gbps capable GTZ transceivers interoperating with an Oclaro CFP2 module at 25.78 Gbps. Attendees will see how to create a more intelligent network through our Virtex-7 HT family with up to 16 x 28 Gbps (GTZ) transceivers that communicate directly with CFP2 optical modules (up to x4), thereby removing external Gearbox ASSP and retimers – reducing cost, power, footprint and board complexity.
Ethernet Alliance Booth # 2909
- Xilinx will demonstrate interoperability between its 28 Gbps GTZ transceiver and a Finisar CFP2 optical module operating at 25.78 Gbps.
Reflex Photonics Booth # 1046
- Xilinx will demonstrate a 123.75 Gbps optical link based upon Virtex-7 FPGA 12.5 Gbps (GTX) transceivers interoperating with a Reflex Photonics Reflex 123.75 Gbps LightABLE. The Xilinx Virtex-7 T devices support up to 56 x 12.5 Gbps (GTX) transceivers and the Virtex-7 XT devices support up to 96 x 13.1 Gbps (GTH) transceivers enabling the highest reliability links, best performance per-watt and fastest time-to-market.
Tuesday, March 19 – 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Room #304D
Optical Network Architecture and Technology for Financial Applications, Richard
Cosgrave, Xilinx communication business unit OTN marketing manager
Tuesday, March 19 – 3:00 p.m. to 3:20 p.m., Ethernet Alliance Booth #2909
The Role of the FPGA in 400GE Technology Development, Dr. Gordon
Brebner, Xilinx CTO's office
Wednesday, March 20 – 1:50 p.m. – 2:40 p.m., Expo Theater II
The Need for Speed: The Role of FPGA Technology in 400G Networking, Dr. Gordon
Brebner, Xilinx CTO's office
About OIF Interoperability 2013
More than ten OIF member companies will unite under the banner of the Optical Internetworking Forum to showcase multi-vendor participation in OIF Interoperability 2013 – Enabling the Next-Generation of 100G Optical Modules. The OIF's PLL demonstration will showcase the draft CEI-28G-VSR implementation agreement key to enabling the next generation of more efficient, smaller form factor 4x 25G Optical Modules.
A public demonstration of the event will be on display March 19-21, 2013 at OFC/NFOEC in Anaheim, CA, OIF Booth #2769. Additional information can be found at http://www.oiforum.com/public/OIF_Interoperability_2013.html.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP are key to Xilinx's solutions for Smarter Networks and Data Centers. These smarter solutions enable programmable systems integration and serve a broad range of customer needs. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, Vivado, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here